Fulfillment; increasingly important
Fulfillment can best be summarized as the receipt, storage, order picking and preparation of orders. Any production and assembly activities are also part of fulfilment. Typical fulfillment activities are:
- Warehousing; Inbound, storage and stock management
- Value added service; Order processing, assembly and installation, quality control, (re)packing and labeling, stocking, customer service, chain coordination and customization
- Distribution; Outcome, transport, track & trace and export and customs clearance
- Returns; Returns processing, repair and recycling, marketplaces and auctions
- ICT System and chain link, reporting and information
The demands placed on the quality of fulfillment are becoming increasingly higher. DAPP supports food organizations in improving their performance. It has to be better, more, faster and if possible at a lower cost. Frequently occurring needs of our relations are:
- Making the logistics operation far more flexible for continuous adaptation to changes in marketing and sales (e-commerce).
- Supporting e-commerce: from multichannel to omnichannel strategy (delivery anytime - anywhere).
- Speed up the ordering and delivery process (and thus shortening the time to market).
- Correct design of what must be carried out on the basis of efficiency and customer-specific requirements.
- Be able to respond to market/customer reactions and/or new trends and themes from within the operation.
Each organization is unique, which is why we do not have a standard approach, but we do have a practical approach. We choose an approach that suits your situation. A typical approach contains the following elements:
- Preliminary investigation during a few weeks;
- Inventory processes & bottlenecks;
- Determining the DNA of the organization;
- Gain insight into improvement potential;
- Name objectives such as productivity, efficiency, quality;
- Set up of Plan of Approach (time/money/quality + feasibility).
Approach in 6 steps:
- Set up project phasing;
- Determining lead time (depending on project size and complexity);
- Setting up the project team with project leader from DAPP;
- Execution in project form to achieve set deliverables;
- Audit phase when necessary;
- Checking the application and making adjustments.
Fulfillment, what's in it for you?
The Fulfillment projects we do for our clients have resulted in:
- Efficiency through smarter use of forecast and other tools;
- Lower supply chain costs from warehouse to forwarding;
- Capacity improvement by better streamlining the deployment from assortment determination to order picking;
- Insight into the operational / Value Added Services chain and thus obtain maximum control.
We look forward to achieving these results together with you! Are you interested in the possibilities of Fulfillment?